All-Day, At-Home Card Making
Please join us to make cards of gratitude to Veterans at the Bedford VA, active over-seas military personnel, the many healthcare workers at Lawrence Community Health Centers, and essential workers in Lexington. The 'Thank You' cards to the Veterans at Bedford VA and the Healthcare Workers in Lawrence Community Health Centers will be hand delivered to the recipients, while the 'Thank you' cards to the essential workers in Lexington would be put on display at prominent locations around town.
Important Dates and Card-Making Instructions
Sign-up to Volunteer here.
We will deliver the blank cards to your home if 1) you live in Lexington and 2) you sign-up by January 15, 2022.
Pick Up Blank Cards at Lexington Community Center (39 Marrett Road, Lexington, MA)
Alternatively, you may pick up blank cards inside the Community Center from Monday, December 20 to Friday, January 15. The cards will be placed in a prominent location near the main entrance in a box with signage indicating that it is for the pick up bin for MLK Card Making. We would appreciate it if you indicate your name and number of card packs taken on the clip board inside the box. Thank you, this will help us keep track!
For LHS Students: You may pick up blank cards at the High School from Ms. Nichols in room 152.
Return Completed Cards to Community Center MLK Card Dropoff Box
Return your completed cards to the Community Center MLK Card Drop-off Box by Tuesday, January 18. Please include your name and the number of card packs returned on the clipboard located within the box.
- Find the MLK Day stamp. This is the back of your card.
- Decorate the front of your card. Be creative: try collaging, printing out images, and using stamps to take your cards to the next level! You can find examples of completed cards below.
- Write an appropriate thank you note inside the card. See examples below.
- Sign your first name only inside the card.
- If using adhesives or wet media, let dry fully before returning your card to the bag with the others.
- Be respectful with your words and imagery.
- No mention of God or religious messages.
- Please do not use glitter or 3-dimensional decorations.
- Allow adhesives or wet media to fully dry before folding and returning to the bag.